Digital Magazines with Zinio
Read popular magazines cover to cover on a computer or mobile device…free through the library! Enjoy everything from home, fitness, garden, news, money, sports, and more.
Read online on your computer with Adobe Flash 9 or higher installed. Read offline on a mobile device with the reader app.
To use Zinio, you need two accounts:
- A library Zinio account to choose your magazines
- A Zinio.com account to view/read the magazines
Tips When Creating Accounts
- Begin by browsing the Library’s Magazine Collection
- During the checkout process you will be prompted for an access key.
To get your access key, you will need to stop in at the library, call us at 319-334-2470, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please have your library card number if you call or include it in your e-mail. If you don't know your library card number or do not have a library card, please stop in at the library. (When you get a new card, you will need an ID with your correct address and a piece of mail verifying your name and address.)
- You will enter your name, email and password to create the accounts.
- Both accounts must use the same email address and password.
- You will receive a confirmation notice in your email inbox.
- Once the account is confirmed, you will be able to login.
- Choose a magazine to checkout and Confirm.
- You will be linked to zinio.com, where you can create a Zinio viewing account. Use the same email address and password as your IPL Zinio Account.
- You never need to return checked out magazines, and they do not expire.
- When new issues are published, they will be available for checkout from the Library's Magazine Collection. If you have subscribed to a magazine, you will get an e-mail when the new issue is available.
To read previously selected magazines:
Sign in to your Zinio.com account.
If using the Zinio.com website, click My Library to see your magazines. If using the Zinio app, select Read (book icon).
To get new issues:
- You must go to the Library’s Magazine Collection to look for new titles or issues.
- After checking out a magazine, you will be prompted to log in to your Zinio.com account (unless you are already logged in).
- Once logged in, click the magazine to begin reading.
Zinio Reader & Apps
Magazines will automatically load on your screen through your browser. You will need Adobe Flash 9 or higher installed.
Download the Zinio app
Click on the type of device you have to get to the link for the app. There is also an app for the Windows 8 or RT operating systems, also listed below.
- Android: search Google Play
- (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch): search iTunes
- Blackberry Playbook: search Blackberry World
- Kindle Fire: http://imgs.zinio.com/faq/fire.html
- Nook HD/HD+: this is the Android Reader but it works with the Nook HD/HD+
or search Google Play
- Window 8 or RT or search the Windows Store
For additional assistance