Genealogy with Lisa Louise Cooke
Genealogists and historians, we have a special treat for you this summer! Lisa Louise Cooke is an internationally-known genealogist and author who will be here the weekend of June 21-23. This is a combination summer reading program and CAMEO (Celebrating Authors: Meaningful Enrichment Opportunities) program with four available sessions in Independence plus six more if you are willing to travel to Cedar Falls and Waterloo!
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner of Genealogy Gems, a genealogy and family history multi-media company. She is producer and host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast, the popular online genealogy audio show as well as the Family History: Genealogy Made Easy podcast. Her podcasts bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to genealogists in 75 countries around the world.
Lisa is the author of a variety of multi-media materials available to Genealogy Gems Premium Members, and the books Turn Your iPad into a Genealogy Powerhouse, How to Find Your Family History in Newspapers, The Genealogist’s Google Toolbox, and Genealogy Gems, as well as producer of the video series Google Earth for Genealogy and over 50 videos at the Genealogy Gems YouTube Channel.
In addition to Genealogy Gems, Lisa produces and hosts The Family Tree Magazine Podcast, regularly writes for the magazine, and is an instructor and curriculum developer for Family Tree University.
Lisa’s offerings are not limited to online. She is a sought after international genealogy speaker and webinar presenter, and produces live presentations of The Genealogy Gems Podcast at top genealogy conferences.
Whether in person or online, Lisa strives to dig through the myriad of genealogy news, questions and resources and deliver the gems that can unlock your family history treasure trove!
The Independence Public Library is able to bring these opportunities to you through the Independence Hotel/Motel Tax Grant. The library is working in collaboration with the Waterloo Public Library and the Cedar Falls Public Library to bring Lisa and ten of her genealogy sessions to our area. Lisa's complete schedule of sessions for June 21-23 is below.
Please call 319-334-2470 or e-mail email@example.com to register...they are all free, and you can register for the sessions at all three locations when you call or e-mail.
- Friday, June 21 - CFPL - 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. 'Genealogy on the Go with iPad/Tablets'
- Friday, June 21 - CFPL - 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. 'Tap into your Inner Private Eye'
- Friday, June 21 - WPL - 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. 'Genealogy Podcasts 101'
- Friday, June 21 - WPL - 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. 'The Google Earth Game Show'
- Saturday, June 22 - IPL - 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. 'How to re-open and work a Genealogical Cold Case'
- Saturday, June 22 - IPL - 11:00 a.m. -.12:00 p.m. 'Get the Scoop on Your Ancestors with Newspapers'
- Saturday, June 22 - WPL - 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. 'How the Genealogist Can Remember Everything with Evernote
- Saturday, June 22 - WPL - 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. 'How to Save Your Research from Destruction & Ensure Its Future Survival
- Sunday, June 23 - IPL - 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. 'Ultimate Google Search Strategies and Tips'
- Sunday, June 23 - IPL - 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. 'Time Travel with Google Earth'
CFPL - Cedar Falls Public Library
WPL - Waterloo Public Library
IPL - Independence Public Library